Xiaomi finally officially released its newest gaming smartphone, Black Shark 2 Pro, which comes with an increase in it. One of them is the use of the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset.
Black Shark 2 Pro is the second smartphone to use Snapdragon 855 Plus after ASUS ROG Phone 2. Snapdragon 855 Plus is a faster version of Snapdragon 855 that is designed for smartphone gaming to increase performance.
Let have a look at the newly introduced Xiaomi gaming smartphone, full features, specs and price in Nigeria.
Features (Quick Review)
In appearance, the Black Shark 2 Pro features a slightly updated design on the back. When compared to the regular version introduced last March, it looks to have a more ferocious indentation.
That said, the design was inspired by Formula 1. The curve and shape of the back of the Black Shark 2 Pro did look like the letter X which was also adopted in F1 cars.
Black Shark 2 Pro brings a number of choices of new colours such as Electric black, Ice Ash, Popular Blue, Blast Orange and Streamer Purple.
While other specifications of this device are still similar to the regular version of the Black Shark 2, which includes a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen, 4000mAh battery with fast charging technology, a 48MP + 12MP dual rear camera, and a 20MP selfie camera.
This monster gaming phone is the second to use Snapdragon 855 Plus after ASUS ROG Phone 2. Maximum clockspeed for the eight-core CPUs of the Snapdragon 855 Plus Kyro 485 increased to 2.96GHz, from the previous 2.84GHz on Snapdragon 855.
In the aspect of memory and storage capacity, this latest gaming device from Xiaomi has only one choice of RAM which is 12GB. While the storage capacity is two choices, 128GB and 256GB.
Like a gaming smartphone, Black Shark 2 Pro also comes with features a Liquid Cool 3.0+ technology and DC Dimming 2.0 support.
In addition, this brand new gaming smartphone will be sold through the Mi.com page starting next August and would be available on other shopping sites worldwide on a later date.
Here are the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro key specifications…
|Display||6.39-inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen,1080 x 2340 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.96GHz Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Plus|
|Storage||128GB / 256G ROM + 12GB RAM|
|Camera||48MP + 12MP Rear/20MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||Starts $436 (approx. ₦158,000 naira)|
Price and Availability
The Black Shark 2 Pro launched in July 2019 (to be available for purchase on August 2019), it is available in colours Electric black, Ice Ash, Popular Blue, Blast Orange and Streamer Purple. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
The Black Shark 2 Pro is priced at $436 (approx. ₦158,000 naira in Nigeria) for a 128GB storage version and $504 (approx. ₦183,000 naira in Nigeria) for the 256GB storage version. (CLICK TO BUY BLACK SHARK 2 PRO).
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Plus (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 12GB
- Colours: Electric black, Ice Ash, Popular Blue, Blast Orange, Streamer Purple,
- Dimension: 163.6 x 75 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 205 g
- SIM Type: Nano sim
- SIM Count: Dual sim
- Build: Front glass, aluminium body
- Display: 6.39-inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen,1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density), (~81.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Protection: –
- DCI-P3 100%
- Always-on display
- 240 Hz touch-sensing
- Rear Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 5.2/42.67Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/WMV/H.264 player
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 27W
Where to buy Black Shark 2 Pro
You can tell us in the comment box what you think about this gaming smartphone. We’ll be waiting to entertain your views.
More on Xiaomi Phones: