Are you looking for ways to save images from Google Docs? Here’s an article you read on how to download images from Google Docs easily.
When it comes to processing documents online, one of the best tools you can use is Google Docs, you can edit and create documents without using any software. It’s just like an office app you can use on your Android and iOS device, only that it is web-based. With Google Docs you can do the following: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings. How about if you want to download images from a document that was sent to you?
Well, there are ways you can download images from Google Docs, and in today’s article on NaijaKnowHow, we will show you how to do that easily, this guide will help you save images from Google Docs regardless of the device you’re using.
3 Ways To Download Images From Google Docs
I have no idea if you’ve ever tried saving any pictures from Google Docs, I’m sure it’s one hell of stress if you’ve done it before. Google Docs doesn’t make downloading images very easy but there are different methods you can use to download images from Google Docs, and we will be happy to share those methods with you.
Whether you’re a student or an office person, you’ll surely come across Google Docs one day, and getting to know how things work can be very vital, even if you want to construct an amazing resume alongside your LinkedIn Profile, you’ll surely use Google Docs along the way.
Method 1: Download or Save Images From Google Docs via PDF
A sure-fire way to download or save images from a Google Docs file is through the method you’re about to read. This method requires a simple conversion from a Google Doc file to a PDF, to get started, kindly follow the steps below.
- Open the Google document containing the image you want to save or download. Once opened, navigate to File on the Menu section, open Download and select PDF Document. Choose the folder you want to save the file in so that you could locate it quickly.
- The next step is to locate the folder you saved the file, then open the PDF with an Adobe PDF Reader. Navigate to the image you want to download, place your cursor on it then Tap on the Picture, this action will highlight the image. After that, you can Right Click for options (check the screenshot below), this is where you will find the Save As.
- Click on Save As then proceed to choose a folder on your PC where you want your picture to be saved. Don’t forget to select a Save As Type for the file extension of your image before clicking on Save. For example, with reference to the screenshot below, I chose the “JPEG Image Files (*.jpg)”.
- That’s it. To access your image, locate the folder where you saved your image. That concludes this PDF method of downloading or saving images from Google Docs
Method 2: Download Your Document As An HTML File
Let’s say you have multiple images in one doc file and you want to download all images at once, since there’s no option to save images one by one in Google Docs, the best alternative is to download your doc and save it as a .html file, so now let’s see how you can download images from google docs via HTML file format.
- While you’re in the Google Docs interface, Go to File. Then click on Download, and you’ll see different options like Microsoft Word, OpenDocument Format, Rich Text Element, PDF Document, Plain Text and Web Page (.html, zipped).
- Since you’re downloading it as an HTML file, click on Web Page, then wait for the file to be downloaded on your PC or smartphone.
- Once it has been downloaded, you’ll need to extract the zipped file, you can do that with any file extractor like WinRAR or Zarchiver.
Method 3: Publish Your Document To The Web
This is another excellent and valid way to get your images downloaded from Google Docs, this one is actually very simple and everything can be done easily via your mobile device or PC. So let’s see how to download images from a document that has been published to the web on Google Docs.
- While in Google Docs, You’ll need to click on File, then Publish to the Web, and hit OK once done. Then on the next screen, you’ll get a public link to the document you published, copy the link to your clipboard.
- Paste the copied link on a new browser tab, once the link opens. Right-click or press and hold the image you want to download, and you’ll see an option that says Open Image In New Tab, click on it and the image will be opened in another tab.
- Now go to that tab, right-click on the image again and click on the option that says ‘Save Image As’. Once you’ve done that, you’ve easily downloaded images from Google Docs directly to your PC or smartphone.
With the methods we’ve provided to you on how you can download or save images from Google Docs, we hope you did find the article helpful and you’re also able to get any pictures you want from Google Docs, don’t forget to leave a comment below.
More Useful Related Articles: