The internet has made a lot of physical activities very easy for us these days and most times it takes just only our smartphone to get things done without stressing. There was a time when the recharge or renewal of electricity tokens of prepaid meters was stressful and one will make sure the electricity distribution regional offices don’t close before 4:00 PM. Well, it’s all changed now because you can easily recharge your prepaid meter online in Nigeria without leaving your comfort zone.
In today’s article on NaijaKnowHow, you’ll get to know how you can renew your prepaid meter token online without having to visit any distribution company offices before getting it done.
There are different ways you can pay your electricity bills, you can either use digital banking apps to pay or make use of electricity bill payment apps on your Android or iOS device. Without further ado, let’s dive right into it!
How To Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online in Nigeria
Your prepaid electricity could finish when you don’t expect it to, at times you might even get stuck in Lagos traffic if you’re on your way to recharge in an electricity distribution office (depending on your region or state), but with the online access you have, you can easily get things done easily and there are different ways you can follow.
One thing you’ll need to keep in mind before recharging your prepaid meter online is your power distribution company and your meter number is mandatory as well. With that being said, let’s see how to recharge prepaid meters online in Nigeria.
Method 1: Recharge Your Prepaid Meter Token With BuyPower
The first method is actually one of the easiest and it can be done via the BuyPower.ng official website. BuyPower is a very popular website for buying prepaid electricity meter tokens online in Nigeria and they offer different ways you can use for making payments anytime you want to recharge through them.
If you want to know how to recharge your prepaid meter online while using BuyPower, then follow the steps below.
- The first thing you need to do is visit www.buypower.ng website on your smartphone or computer.
- Once the website has loaded completely, you’ll need to enter your phone number in the box that says Enter Your Phone Number To Begin, then click on the Buy Electricity button.
- On the new page, you’ll need to fill out the form shown, enter the required information like your meter number, distro company, full name, email address, phone number, and amount of units you want to buy then click on continue to the payment page.
- On the payment page, you can either pay using your debit card, USSD code or bank transfer. If you want to make payments via debit card, you’ll need to confirm the OTP code sent to the phone number linked to your bank account.
- Once done, wait for a few minutes and your token will be sent to your email address or registered phone number.
That’s one of the easiest ways you can recharge your prepaid electricity meter online in Nigeria, now let’s take a look at the next method and see how it works.
Method 2: Buy Prepaid Meter Units Online Via VTU.ng
VTU.ng is another popular website you can always use to top up your prepaid meter units in Nigeria, on this website you can buy airtime and internet data, you can also convert airtime to cash and they also allow bill payments to be very easy for Nigerians.
Now let’s see how you can buy prepaid electricity units online with the VTU.ng website.
- Visit vtu.ng website and wait for the website to be completely loaded, once it has finished loading, select the electricity distribution company your meter is registered under.
- Enter your meter number and also the number of units you’ll like to buy, don’t forget to specify if your meter is Prepaid or Postpaid.
- Once you’ve done all that, now enter your phone number, and email address, and also set your preferred payment method. Once you’ve completed the payment, wait for your meter token to be sent to you via the email address you provided or your phone number.
Method 3: Recharge Prepaid Meter Using Your Mobile Banking Apps
Another way you can recharge prepaid meter online is through your bank apps, let’s say you have a mobile banking app from banks like UBA, GTBank, Access Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank, Union Bank, Unity Bank, FCMB, Polaris Bank and so on, you can use their mobile app to recharge prepaid meter online easily and here’s to do use them.
- Depending on the bank mobile app you’re using on your Android or iOS device. Check this post to check our list of authentic mobile banking apps for all banks in Nigeria. Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, launch your mobile banking app, then go to Pay Bill or Pay Bills.
- Specify the type of bill you want to pay by clicking on Utilities, then select the Biller you want to pay to (Your Electricity Distribution Company).
- Enter your Meter Number, Select Package (Prepaid/Postpaid) and enter the amount you want to buy from your bank.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to enter your Transaction Pin and wait for the payments to go through, once done, you should get your token via SMS or your registered email address.
Method 4: Recharge Prepaid Meter Token Using iRecharge Website
Another alternative way to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online is via iRecharge, it’s one of the most reliable websites you can use for making bill payments, you can also buy airtime from them and also buy internet data.
Here’s how you can use the iRecharge website to buy prepaid electricity online while using your smartphone or computer.
- Visit irecharge.ng, once the website has opened, under the part that says Welcome, what are you purchasing today? Click on Electricity and then enter your phone number.
- Once you’ve entered your phone number, you’ll need to enter your Meter Number, Meter Type, State, Email Address and Amount then click on Confirm.
- You’ll be redirected to the payment page, enter your preferred form of payment and proceed to the next page that’ll generate your receipt for you.
- Once your receipt has been generated, your token would be sent to your phone number or email address.
If you want to recharge your prepaid electricity metre token online, these are the methods you can use, they’re very reliable and also saves you from stress. Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you have any questions for us.
- Meter Tampering: What Is Prepaid Electricity Meter Tamper Mode and How To Get Tamper Code in Nigeria
- How To Link BVN With Your Bank Account (Mobile USSD Code)
- DStv USSD Codes – How to Recharge DStv Using USSD Code in Nigeria
I want to recharge my prepaid