Everyone loves to enjoy movies and TV shows in top quality, especially when it’s from a media powerhouse like Netflix. I mean, everyone wants to watch Netflix videos like Money Heist, Designated Survivor, 13 Reasons Why and Point Blank in the High Definition (HD) or Ultra HD (UHD). The colours, scenery, characters and everything about the videos will be super detailed. So, you might ask why bother to adjust Netflix video quality then?
Well, watching videos in HD and UHD resolution uses more data than standard quality. Even by default, Netflix sets video qualities in these high resolutions. And you’ll agree that minimizing data usage and internet bandwidth is important due to their exorbitant charges. Worse, you might be short on data but you don’t want to miss out on your favorite TV show.
Interesting enough, like every other video streaming platform, there’s a way for you to adjust Netflix videos to suit your data budget and enjoy standard quality in the process. Well, that’s what this article is all about.
Fortunately, this guide works on all platforms that support Netflix, be it Android smartphones, iPhones, tablets, PCs or Smart TVs and so on.
Steps to Adjust Netflix Video Quality
These easy steps below will help adjust Netflix video quality to your taste:
- Log in to your Netflix profile, and tap on “Account“. You’ll be directed to “My Profile” page
- On this page, you’ll select “Playback Settings” as seen in the image below.
- You’ll see a list of video quality ranging from Auto, Low, Medium and High.
NOTE: Auto is the default video quality and data usage while Low grants basic video quality and economises data usage.
- After choosing your preferred video quality, select “Save” to effect the changes.
As simple as that, you’ve adjusted the Netflix video quality for the profile. Also note that if you have multiple profiles, you will need to change the quality in each one.
- List Of The Top 10 Netflix Series In 2019
- How To Sign Up For Netflix In Nigeria
- YouTube Recommended Videos Can Now Be Hidden
- TikTok Now Has GIF Sticker Features
- Google Stadia-Pro Lets You Stream Your Favorite Games For N4,000