National Identification Number popularly known as NIN is a unique 11 digit number assigned to every individual in Nigeria. It’s now very important to link your NIN with your Glo line if you want to continue using the network. In this article on Naijaknowhow, we have shared detailed steps on how to link NIN to Glo line with a simple USSD code and other methods.
In December 2020, NCC announced a NIN-SIM linkage procedure that must be done or you risk getting your line blocked. This announcement caused an uproar amongst many internet users in Nigeria due to the stressful process of registering for NIN. Since its announcement to date, I can boldly tell you that registering and linkage of NIN has become very easy and fast.
Yes, you heard me right. It’s become so easy that you could walk into any Enrolment Centre to enrol for your NIN and link it on your mobile phone. For Glo users, it is even easier as Glo has partnered with NIMC to help millions of Nigerians subscribed to their network register for their NIN. That said, let’s delve right into it as we explore everything you need to know about linking your NIN on a Glo SIM card in Nigeria.
How to register for NIN
Yet to register for NIN? You can visit any of the NIMC Enrolment Centres near you or Certified Gloworld Outlets to register your National Identification Number.
Here’s a quick guide to register for NIN at NIMC Enrolment Centre:
- Fill out the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Submit your application at the nearest NIMC Registration Centre.
- NIN issuance.
How to get your NIN on Glo
For those who have already registered but can’t remember their NIN, you should dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN on your Glo line.
How to Link NIN to Glo Line / SIM in Nigeria
Linking your National Identification Number to your Glo number can be done via four methods, they include Glo NIN Code, Glo NIN Portal, SMS and NIMC Mobile App.
Method 1: Link via Glo NIN Code
Glo NIN Code for linking is *109# and it only works for only Glo lines. If you already have your NIN, just follow the steps below to submit and link it.
- Dial *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.
Method 2: Link via Glo NIN Portal
- Visit Gloworld NIN Portal
- Put your details correctly in each box: First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identity Number (NIN), and Email Address.
- Complete the process by entering the two-digit numbers shown, then click on submit.
Method 3: Link via SMS
- Subscribers who have secured their NIN but have not linked them with their mobile numbers can do so by simply texting their “NIN to 109” or “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109 e.g “UPDATENIN 12345678903 Firstname Lastname’ to 109.”
Alternatively, Glo customers can also call 109 to update their NIN via voice call.
Method 4: Link via NIMC App
One last method if none of the methods above worked is to try the NIMC Mobile ID App. But before you get started, it’s important to know that you’re required to have your National Identification Number (NIN) issued by the National Identity Management Commission or one of its accredited agents and a Mobile Number (which you used during enrolment for the NIN) – to receive an OTP for installing the Mobile ID app.
- To learn more about this method, check out this article on how to link your phone number(s) to your NIN using the NIMC MobileID App on Android or iOS devices.
Codes to Link NIN to SIM on Other Networks
There you go! That’s how to link NIN to your Glo line, now you don’t have to be afraid of getting disconnected. On the other hand, if you haven’t registered for your NIN yet, you can do so by visiting the NIMC Enrolment Centres through the link shared above. Also, if you’re a subscriber on other networks (MTN, Airtel, Spectranet, 9mobile, ntel etc.), you can learn how to link your NIN here. If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for tech video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.