This article contains everything you need to know on how to change iCloud account on your iPhone.
iCloud is part of Apple’s plan to use Apple devices easier. An iCloud account will link everything from photo albums that are shared to Apple Pay and backed up to your iCloud, on all Apple devices.
iCloud will keep all data safe, even if you switch devices.
If you didn’t log into iCloud when setting up your iPhone, skip to “Sign in to another iCloud account.”
If you need to switch from one iCloud account to another, start by signing out of your iCloud account.
Log out of your current iCloud account
Before you log out of your iCloud account, make sure you have a copy of all the required information, which may be stored in this iCloud account.
Especially if you have a password on your iCloud key chain that is not duplicated elsewhere.
To view all saved passwords, go to Settings > password > Web site and Application password. Use your Touch ID, Face ID, or passcode to unlock the list of passwords stored in your current iCloud key chain.
When you log out of your iCloud account, the following steps must be followed.
- Open the settings application
- Tap your name at the top
- Scroll down, to the bottom of the next screen and click “Sign out”
- Select “Sign out of iCloud”
- You will be asked to click Sign out a second time before exiting
Log in to another iCloud account
When you set up a new iPhone, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is the email address and password that unlocked your free iCloud account.
If you don’t have one, you can create a new account.
To log in to a new or different iCloud account on your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Open the settings on your iPhone
- Tap enter [name of your iPhone]
- When prompted, type the Apple ID and password you want to use
Your Apple ID is the key to access iTunes and the App Store. When you log in, your account is automatically linked to iCloud and stores.
Log in to another account for iTunes and the App Store
You can also use a different login for purchasing iCloud, iTunes and the App Store if you want.
- After you enter iCloud, return to settings
- Type your name
- Scroll down and click iTunes and App Store
- Type your Apple ID
- On the screen that appears, select Sign out and you will immediately be logged out.
- Click Sign in
- In the window that appears, enter the Apple ID and password you want to use for iTunes and the App Store.
This will make your mobile as a whole go to one iCloud account, while iTunes and the App Store into another.
- Latest Apple iPhones and Prices in Nigeria
- How to Install Georestricted Apps & Games on Apple Store
- The Best Gaming Tablets (Android and Apple iOS)
- 6 Free and Best Cloud Storage Apps (Android, iOS and PC)