Ecobank Text Banking gives customers the power to leverage on the use of their mobile device to carry out almost all banking transactions, and not waste useful time queuing in the bank.
Ecobank text Banking allows you to perform the following transactions.
- Check your account balance
- Get mini statement
- Check for NUBAN number
- Activate/deactivate your card
- Activate/deactivate Web services
- Activate/deactivate POS services
On Ecobank Text Banking platform, you will be required to send SMS to the number mentioned below, as listed above, you can get your account statement, check your NUBAN account number, check account balance, and deactivate/activate a Web banking, POS or lost ATM card.
Alternatively, you can also carry out other Ecobank transactions using simple USSD code with or without internet access. Here are links to get know-how tips.
- How you can transfer money from Ecobank to another bank using USSD code.
- How to recharge your mobile phone directly from your Ecobank account.
- Check Ecobank account balance via USSD code on mobile.
- How to block Ecobank ATM card (Visa, Verve or Master).
Now, here is a table showing Ecobank Text Banking short codes, SMS details and description.
Ecobank Text Banking Shortcodes
Shortcode / message content
|Account balance||Bal [account number]||To request for account balance|
|Account statement||Stmt [account number]||To generate last 5 transactions on account|
|NUBAN number||Nuban [account number]||To get NUBAN account number|
|Stop ATM||Stop ATM [account number]||To stop all ATM (card) transactions|
|Start ATM||Start ATM [account number]||To start all ATM (card) transactions|
|Stop POS||Stop POS [account number]||To stop all POS transactions|
|Start POS||Start POS [account number]||To start all POS transactions|
|Stop Web||Stop Web [account number]||To stop all Web transactions|
|Start Web||Start Web [account number]||To start all Web transactions|
|Stop Card||Stop Card [account number]||To stop all channels: Card, POS and Web transactions|
Simply send short codes to 0806ECOBANK (08063262265) using your mobile phone.
Ecobank SMS Banking allows you to do great things without entering a bank. You can perform the following transactions fast and reliable.
If you found this helpful, kindly share using the social icons below to let others enjoy these useful SMS Mobile Banking codes.
- How To Open Zenith Bank Account Via Mobile Phone (USSD Code)
- How To Check GTBank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Check Union Bank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Check Heritage Bank Account Balance Via Phone
- How To Check Ecobank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Link BVN With Your Bank Account (Mobile USSD Code)
- 4 Things To Do When Your ATM Card Is Stolen, Missing Or Compromised