In the spring of 2019, the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi presented a new highlight of the Mi series: the Xiaomi Mi 9, it’s the predecessor of the Xiaomi Mi 8 released last year.
The Mi 9 is a high-end smartphone with the most powerful hardware, good cameras and a premium design. And all for a friendly price!
Xiaomi has fitted the Mi 9 with a premium glass housing. The screen is 6.4 inches in size and delivers beautiful images, while you take razor-sharp photos with the three cameras on the back. Under the hood lies the super-fast Snapdragon 855 chip and the device is controlled via Android 9 Pie!
Let’s delve deeper to explore all the features of the Mi 9.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Quick Review
The display of the Mi 9 is 6.39 inches in size and thanks to the Full HD + resolution, ensures beautifully sharp images. The screen itself consists of a Super AMOLED panel, this technique provides a beautiful colour contrast; colours are splashing the screen and black is really black!
Thanks to the thin screen edges and the water drop notch at the top, the display covers a large part of the front, which looks very premium. The back of the Mi 9 is also made of a strong glass plate. The whole feels solid and gives this Xiaomi smartphone a stylish design!
On the back of the Mi 9 you will find three cameras with which you can take beautiful pictures in every situation. The 48-megapixel main camera provides sharp images, even under less ideal conditions. The other two cameras ensure that you can capture more images and zoom in without losing detail!
You unlock the Xiaomi Mi 9 at lightning speed with the fingerprint scanner. This sensor is not visible to the naked eye, but is processed under the display! Put your finger on the designated spot on the screen to get access to your files, messages and data in an instant!
Of course, you want a phone in your pocket that always has enough power. The Mi 9 has a 3500mAh battery that provides enough power to use your smartphone intensively throughout the day. Is the battery empty? Then you can charge it again super-fast thanks to the fast-charging function.
Charging via the cable is possible with a fast charging capacity of 32 watts. This means that you can fully charge the battery of this Xiaomi phone in no time. You can also charge the Mi 9 wirelessly with a capacity of 20 watts, a nice and handy alternative to the cable!
With the Xiaomi Mi 9, no task is too heavy, the smartphone is equipped with the fastest processor at the moment: the Snapdragon 855. This chipset is assisted by 6GB of memory. This allows the phone to effortlessly handle heavy games, without failing to multitask or launching super fast apps!
Xiaomi delivers the Mi 9 out-of-the-box with MIUI, Xiaomi’s variant of Android 9 Pie. This shell provides a typical Xiaomi interface and extra functions. There are several standard apps to be found and the Google Play Store is ready for you with millions of apps and games!
READ: Xiaomi Launches the Cheapest 5G Smartphone Called Mi 9 Pro 5G
Xiaomi Mi 9 Key Specs
Here are the Xiaomi Mi 9 key specifications…
|Display||6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor|
|Storage||64GB / 128GB ROM + 6GB / 8GB RAM|
|Camera||48MP + 16MP + 12MP Rear/20MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||Starts $447 (approx. ₦150,000 – ₦160,000)|
Xiaomi Mi 9 Photos
Xiaomi Mi 9 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 9 launched March 2019, it is available in colours Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue and Piano Black. You can order the phone from the following online shopping markets using any of the links below.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 is priced at ¥2999 (~$447) (approx. ₦150,000 – ₦160,000 in Nigeria) for the 6GB+ 128GB version while the 8GB RAM version is priced at ¥3299 (~$491) (approx. ₦175,000 – ₦180,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY Mi 9 OR MORE HIGH-END PHONES).
Xiaomi Mi 9 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
- Dimension: 157.5 x 74.7 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10, DCI-P3
- Rear Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm, Laser/PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 54mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, Laser/PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240fps, 1080p@960fps
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Front Camera Features: HDR, Video 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64/128 GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300) – Global
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,300mAh non-removable Li-po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+)
- Fast wireless charging 20W
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 9
CLICK HERE TO BUY Mi 9 in Nigeria.
More on Xiaomi Phones:
- Xiaomi introduces the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite with AI Chipset
- Xiaomi Pocophone F1 – A Smartphone With a Liquid Cooling System!
- 7 Cheapest Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria & Latest Price
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Features 4,000mAh Battery and Android One; Check out other Specs
- Best Android Phones In Nigeria Market
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Announced With 48MP Camera and 128GB Storage
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition Brings AMOLED Display, Snapdragon 855 and 20W Wireless Charging