In today’s digital age, staying connected is crucial, and knowing your data balance is essential to avoid unexpected interruptions. If you’re in Nigeria and want to check your data balance, this guide will walk you through the simple steps to do so. Whether you’re using MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile, these methods will help you stay informed about your remaining data allocation and manage your internet usage efficiently.
Browsing requires certain sacrifices and caution when using your mobile internet, unlike unlimited browsing, you don’t have to worry about the amount of data consumed. This post contains on Naijaknowhow has a list of all codes used in checking data balance on all networks in Nigeria.
It covers all the necessary USSD codes, text messages and other alternative means of obtaining your active account’s data balance. If you’re yet to see our article on the best Airel data plans, MTN data plans, Glo data plans and 9mobile data plans, then you’re missing a lot. That being said, let’s dive right in as we explore the various ways and codes for checking how much data has been used by a subscriber.
How to Check Data Balance on Airtel, MTN, Glo and 9mobile – USSD Method
1. Airtel Data Balance Code
Here’s how to Check Airtel Data balance status
- To check your data plans on Airtel: Dial the code *323#, then wait for an SMS showing your data balance.
Kindly bear in mind that due to the new harmonised shortcode mandate by NCC on network providers, the old USSD code or methods to check your data have been discontinued. However, if for any reason the new code has refused to work, you could try out the old methods below.
- To Check Airtel mobile data: Simply Dial *141*11*0# or *123*10# or dial *141*712*0# or *140#
- You can just call 141 to speak to a customer care representative and ask for your account balance data details. They are usually easy to reach and quickly resolve issues. If that doesn’t work try 111 or 140.
2. 9mobile Data Balance Code
How to Check 9mobile Data balance status
- To know your 9mobile data balance: Dial *323# >> then follow the prompt.
As of the time you’re seeing this, the methods below may have been discontinued due to the harmonised shortcode directives mandated by NCC on network providers. However, if the above isn’t active on your network, you could try out the old methods below.
- To Check 9mobile data balance: Dial *228# or Text “BAL” to 228
- To Check 9mobile BIS: Simply dial *228#
3. Glo Data Balance Code
Here’s how to Check the Glo Data Balance
- To Check Glo data balance: Dial *323# >> follow the prompt.
- To Check Glo data plans bundle balance: Dial *127*0# or Text “INFO” to 127
- To Check Glo BIS subscription: Text “STATUS” to 777
- Dial *777# » Choose 1 for 3G Data Service (2 for 4G LTE service) » then enter 4 to Manage data » enter 4 to check data balance.
4. MTN Data Balance Code
Here’s how to Check MTN Data balance
- To Check MTN Mobile data plan: To check your data balance quickly, simply dial *323# >> enter 1 to choose the Access Plan Balance option, this would instantly display your data balance. Nevertheless, you could also access your Business Plan and FBB Balance through the other options in the prompt.
- To Check your MTN data plan (Option #2): As an alternative, you can dial *310# to check all the balances tied to your account. Using this USSD code would display your airtime balance and your main data or bonus data balances.
Other Methods to Check Your Data Balance
If the above method is not available to you, then here are other methods you could try below:
Method 2: Mobile App
- Download and install your network operator’s mobile app from the app store (e.g., MyMTN, My Airtel Africa App, Glo Café, or 9mobile ig9ite App).
- Open the app and log in to your account (if required).
- Navigate to the data section or account overview, where you will find your data balance displayed.
Method 3: Website
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Visit your network operator’s official website.
- Look for the “data balance” or “self-service” section.
- Enter your phone number and other required details (if prompted) to access your data balance.
Checking your data balance in Nigeria is a straightforward process that can be done through USSD codes, SMS, mobile apps, or network operator websites. By staying informed about your data allocation, you can manage your internet usage effectively, avoid unexpected data depletion, and make the most out of your mobile data plans. Stay connected and enjoy a seamless online experience with the convenience of checking your data balance whenever you need it.
More on Telcos:
- Best and Cheapest Data Plans in Nigeria
- Best Websites To Buy Cheap Data Online in Nigeria
- How to Load Airtime Recharge Card on MTN, Glo, 9mobile and Airtel
- Best Tariff Plans: Cheapest Call Rates in Nigeria and Migration Codes
Thanks for this